Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekends

It seems that the weekend is never long enough. I love to be at home with my family. Just about the only long period of time that I get to spend with them is the weekend. How and why did we ever come to the conclusion that only two days were sufficient time to get away from work and have the ability to relax? In my experience, Friday night is just about the only time during the weekend that relaxation actually happens. Saturdays are usually full of activities that can't be done during the week, such as lawn mowing, house cleaning, grocery shopping, and many other menial chores that take up most of the day. For us, church is Saturday night (No we're not Seventh Day Adventists), so we have to be out the door by 5:30 6:00 at the latest (which rarely happens). Now I know what you are thinking right now "If you go to church on Saturday, then you have a whole day off on Sunday!" It would appear that way to the untrained eye. Sunday is the day that is used to prepare for Monday. It is the day that all of the problems from work start to seep through the cracks in the dam that have formed from thinking that the weekend in coming to a close. Yeha yeah, I know I am just complaining to hear my own voice, but I think a push should be made to make the weekend last for three or four days. A three day work week sound perfect to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment