Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sydney Gavan


I know that I said that this blog would be about me, but I feel like I need to do this for someone else first. The little girl to the left is Sydney Gavan. I went to highschool with her mom and dad, Casey and Scott. As a lot of people already know, Sydney was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia in February. I have not really been in close contact with her parents for many years, but being a parent myself, I really have an ache in my heart for them. I know that they are both wishing that they could take their daughter's place and keep her from the pain and chaos that this type of illness can bring. Seeing child go through what Sydney is bravely facing is a heartbreaking ordeal. Please pray for this family and ask that the Lord would give them a peace and a strength in this time of need. Pray that the Lord will put his hand on them and comfort them and love them. I have been praying for a complete healing for Sydney and that Jesus will do a mighty work in her family. Pleas remeber them and keep them in your prayers. If you would like more info about Sydney, please go to Team Sydney on Facebook.

1 comment: